- Biosimilarz started life on Twitter in Jan 2011. The man behind @biosimilarz, Duncan Emerton, took to the social media air waves to join in the debate about biosimilars, learn some stuff and (hopefully!) contribute to the sector’s evolution. A blog followed in April 2013 which quickly turned in to this site.
- Duncan has close to 20 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with nearly a decade of experience focused on biosimilars. Duncan started out in the pharmaceutical industry as a Clinical Research Associate, supporting clinical R&D efforts and several pharma and biotech companies. Roles in clinical project management, sales, marketing and scientific support followed. After leaving Pfizer in 2003, Duncan joined Datamonitor Healthcare. There he worked in Datamonitor Healthcare’s Consulting division where he reached the level of Director and Biosimilars Practice Lead.
- In October 2013, Duncan left Datamonitor Healthcare Consulting and joined FirstWord as Senior Director, Syndicated Insights & Analysis. At FirstWord, Duncan’s role focuses on delivering commercially focused content in areas such as innovation, lifecycle management, biosimilars and product strategy. He also leads a team which delivers disease-focused analysis which is based on the insights key opinion leaders.
- Duncan holds a BSc(Hons) in Medical Biochemistry from the University of Surrey and a PhD in Microbiology from the University of Kent. He lives in Tonbridge, Kent, with his wife and three daughters. You can get in touch with Duncan via email, LinkedIn, or follow him on Twitter @biosimilarz.
- Biosimilarz is an informal site which provides opinion on a wide range of issues. Biosimilars is one of these issues, but opinion on movies, music, sport and the latest Star Ways toys will also be provided. The information contained on this site is 100% personal opinion, driven by Duncan’s passion and long-standing interest in the field of biosimilars (and life in general).
- All information presented on the Biosimilarz website is based on publicly-available resources. Duncan and other contributors may dig deep in conducting their research, talk to friends and colleagues in the industry to get another perspective, buy a few beers to ‘grease the wheels’, but there is no insider information on this site.
- It’s important to clarify that any opinions found on this site are personal and do not represent the opinion of, or an endorsement by, Duncan’s employers, FirstWord. Moreover, all work on this site happens at the weekend (he does have a day job, after all).
- Further, the reader understands that any opinions of statements made by Duncan will not contain confidential information or details about internal FirstWord policies and procedures. All information on this website is only current to the best of Duncan’s knowledge as of the date indicated and may not reflect accurately recent events.
- There is no corporate sponsorship of Biosimilarz. Duncan does not accept promotional or paid content, paid blog entries, or solicit business via this website. Duncan makes no money from this website (in fact, it costs him money to maintain it!). Furthermore, he does not control nor endorse what advertisements appear on the site (if any manage to find their way on to the site), but it is his hope that they are pertinent and useful to our visitors.
- While Biosimilarz is a completely free site, various copyright rules apply. The only compensation that will be accepted for the numerous hours of effort that have gone into building this resource is in the form of thanks, recognition and being referenced as the source of information you want to use in your work.
- Due to recent events I’m introducing some copyright protection. I’m not going into any details, and will NEVER name names. But suffice to say there have been examples of my words being used verbatim by other people and being passed off as their own. And that just sucks! So, from now on, the following applies to all posts on the site, and supersedes all other copyright statements.
- “Permission granted to reproduce for personal and non-commercial use only. All other reproduction, copying or reprinting of all or part of any ‘Content’ found on this website is strictly prohibited without the prior consent of the publisher. Contact the publisher to obtain permission before redistributing. Unless otherwise stated all contents of this website are © 2017 The Biosimilarz Blog! All Rights Reserved.”